“We were using a different local company and kept having the same issue multiple times a year. We decided to try Northeast Mechanical Services and they were able to quickly locate the root of the issue and resolve it. I am SO thankful. We will be customers for life.”
– Marlies Zwepink, Fort Wayne, IN
Finding the right temperature for each space in your home isn’t always easy. This is where ductless mini-split system might be the best choice. When one wants it hot, another prefers the chill, and nobody is using the basement, a ductless mini-split system gives you the flexibility you want with the comfort you crave. Northeast Mechanical provides customers with repair, maintenance and installation options for ductless mini-split systems in Fort Wayne, IN.
What Is A Ductless HVAC System?
A ductless (mini-split) air conditioner works just like a regular air conditioner, but without the ducts. This allows you to control the temperature in individual rooms or spaces.
The most common uses are in multi-family housing or as retrofit add-ons to houses with “non-ducted” heating systems. They are also a good choice for room additions and small apartments, where extending or installing ductwork is too costly or not feasible.
How Does A Mini-Split System Work?
Like central systems, mini splits have two main components: an outdoor compressor/condenser, and an indoor air-handling unit. A conduit, which houses the power cable, refrigerant tubing, suction tubing, and a condensate drain, links the outdoor and indoor units. The indoor unit blows warm air from your home over cold evaporator coils. The refrigerant running through these coils absorbs the heat from the air and brings it to the outside unit where the refrigerant dumps all the heat it pulled from your home’s air.
Benefits Of A Ductless System
- Size: Many models can have as many as four indoor air handling units (for four zones or rooms) connected to one outdoor unit. The number depends on how much heating or cooling is required for the building or each zone (which in turn is affected by how well the building is insulated).
- Flexibility: In a ductless mini-split system, each of the zones has its own thermostat, so you only can customize each room. This allows everyone to stay comfortable while saving energy because you’re no longer heating and cooling rooms you’re not using.
- Installation: Ductless mini split systems are easier to install than other types of HVAC systems. It only requires a connection to the conduit, which most manufacturers will provide.
- Energy Efficiency: Duct losses can account for more than 30% of energy consumption. Since mini splits have no ducts, they avoid the energy losses associated with ductwork of central air systems.
- Design: A ductless mini-split system can fit in seamlessly with any style of home décor. The indoor air handlers can be suspended from a ceiling, mounted flush into a drop ceiling, or hung on a wall. Floor-standing models are also available.
- Safety: Ductless mini-split systems are safe to use in your home and don’t require a through-the-wall or window mount that can provide easy access for intruders.
Why Trust Northeast Mechanical
Northeast Mechanical is a step above the rest. You can count on us, to show up on time, offer complete transparency, and follow-through with each appointment. Each of our HVAC technicians has completed extensive training and participates in continuing education to ensure we have the latest technology and advanced training for ductless mini-split systems in Fort Wayne, IN.
We begin with honest, upfront and transparent pricing. We explain all work in detail to the customer before we start working. Our work is guaranteed on every job. We ensure that each client is well taken care of. However, should anything go wrong, we have your back and will make it right. We understand that comfort in your home or business is your number one priority. We are here to make that happen. Our customers are our #1 priority and our job is not done until you are 100% satisfied.
Get in the Zone
If you live in a home without ductwork, and are looking to install a ductless mini-split system, or if your ductless mini-split systems need maintenance or repairs, Northeast Mechanical is available to service homes in Fort Wayne, IN. We help make sure your ductless mini-split system provides you the design, safety, and comfort you’re looking for.
If you are unsure about ductless mini-split systems, give our office a call. One of our friendly, experienced technicians will be glad to talk you through it.
Northeast Mechanical Services, Inc is proud to serve Fort Wayne, La Grange, Huntington, New Haven, and surrounding areas in Indiana.